Legislative Information Systems (LIS) serves the Ohio General Assembly and the legislative agencies by providing computer network services, telephone services, development of new or improved computer applications, and computer education and training services.
If you visit LIS' offices, you will see our agency's vision posted in many places. When we have difficult decisions to make, we refer to the Vision Statement for guidance. If you think we're not meeting our mission, we'd like to hear from you.
- The first responsibility of Legislative Information Systems (LIS) is to the legislative organizations we support. Our work is vital to the smooth and efficient operation of Ohio's governmental processes and to the State's citizens.
- We do things quickly while reducing risk to our customers.
- We know that our best work comes through teamwork. We show others respect. We invite and encourage input from anyone who can help us do our jobs more effectively and efficiently.
- Our systems are reliable, but when operational problems arise, we stop what we are doing and take care of them first.
- Our customers and peers know that when they call, we will come through for them. We call them with success stories, not excuses.
- We communicate openly and honestly to build trust and confidence. Our customers and peers understand what we are doing, how it will affect them, and what it will cost.
- We keep our systems and data as safe and secure as we can consistent with business needs.
- We spend taxpayers' money wisely, seeking the greatest value for each dollar spent.